From the editor
We have a very full issue to share with you this month, and I love it all. So, instead of focusing on one article, I’m highlighting interesting numbers from each.
- 17: The number of sustainable development goals established by the United Nations that UNFCU is focused on meeting.
- $409 million: The amount of green loans made by Self-Help CU. Read more about how credit unions are finding that what’s good for the planet is also good for business here.
- 6: The number of pitfalls to avoid in managing interest rate risks. Even experienced risk managers need to watch their steps in 2022’s hard-to-predict environment. Don’t rely on past assumptions.
- 7: Strategies, tools and tips to jump-start your digital marketing tune-up. Start with your desired member experience and let that guide everything else.
- 4: Number of board portals discussed in “Portals Are Table Stakes Today.” A board portal should make board meetings and management a lot easier. For example, Hudson Valley CU enjoys improved collaboration and more.
- 30: Age of many core systems’ database architecture and languages, which explains why some credit unions are putting their “Head in the Cloud” for their core.
- 24: Number of participants and mentors in the PSCU Bold Effective Leaders: A CUES Strategic Leadership Development Program. CUESolutions provider PSCU wanted a resource for its Black and African American employees who were interested in advancing their careers. Developed and facilitated by CUES Consulting, this year-long program featured live online sessions led by prominent business school faculty and industry leaders, independent study modules, and virtual courses from CUES offered in partnership with Cornell and Harvard. Read more about the program and its success in “Building Bold, Effective Black Leadership.”
- 92: The number of CUES Supplier members listed in the 2022 CUES Supplier Member Directory. These firms are your trusted resources for everything from ALM and card services to mergers, marketing and technology management.
- 11: The number of CUES members we talked to for this issue. If you want to appear in a future issue, let me know!